Ready to Find the Best Sitter for Your Family?
Nothing says "you mean so much to me" as much as a a handmade gift. Making a little something special with your kids to help them show appreciation for their loved ones doesn't have to be complicated. With just a few materials and voila! a one-of-a-kind gift that says I love you and you mean so much to me.
Try these easy Valentine's crafts with your kids:
Yarn Wrapped Hearts
Easy but beautiful, you can make these hearts for just about anyone: family, friends, teachers or your neighbor.
- Draw a heart on a piece of cardboard
- Cut the heart out with scissors. Kids may need help with this.
- Wrap a piece of yarn around the cardboard heart. Tie a knot after the first wrap to ensure that the yarn stays in place.
- Keep wrapping the yarn around the cardboard until you can't see the cardboard anymore.
- Once you are happy with your heart, cut off the yarn and tie a knot.
Valentine's Friendship Bracelets
Valentine's day isn't just for couples and crushes. It's also the perfect opportunity to let your BFF know just how much she/he means to you. Make two of these Valentine's friendship bracelets to have a matching pair with your BFF!
- Yarn or string
- Cut a piece of yarn or string to the length of your liking
- String the beads
- When finished, tie off the bracelet
- Give to your friend to show how much you love them!
Bouquet of Hearts Valentine's Card
No store-bought card can ever compare to a homemade card made with love.
- Construction paper or card stock
- Colored paper
- Yarn or ribbon
- Cut a bunch of hearts out of the colored paper with scissors. The trick is to fold the paper in half and cut half of a heart out to make sure you get a symmetrical heart.
- With markers, doodle and design on the cut out hearts.
- Fold the construction paper in half to make a card.
- With a pen or marker, draw some flower stems that meet in the middle.
- Attach the colorful paper hearts you made earlier onto the stems with glue.
- For a finishing touch, tie a small piece of yarn or ribbon in a bow and attach onto where the stems meet with glue.
- Lastly, get crazy designing the inside of the card and a little message for your loved ones!
At CareFinder, we are committed to meeting all of your babysitting needs whether you are looking for just an evening babysitter, an international babysitter, a hotel babysitter, a weekend babysitter, an overnight babysitter, a great au pair or a special Valentine's date night sitter. For a limited-time only, use the discount code VDATE25 to enjoy 25% off your first month's Premium Membership fee.