It's just a few more weeks until the much-awaited Halloween celebration and what better way of getting into the spirit of Halloween than getting crafty?
Here at CareFinder, we've put together a number of craft ideas for a wide range of age groups using materials you can find at 100 yen stores.
Japan's much-loved 100 yen stores are found all over Japan and offer anything from tooth brushes to CDs to tea bags. They also stock their shelves with seasonal goods like Halloween costumes, wrapping paper, and crafts.
Here are some ideas on how to get crafty in the spirit of Halloween only using goods you can find at popular 100 yen store Can Do!
Chopstick Spider Webs
- Halloween spangles
1. Glue together three chopsticks at the center and let dry
2. Tie yarn around one chopstick near the center
3. Wrap yarn onto the next chopstick and continue wrapping the yarn around the chopsticks until desired4. Cut the yarn off with a little extra length for hanging5. Glue on spider from the pack of Halloween spangles and go crazy with the decorations!
- Halloween spangles
- Ghost felt cut-out
- Glitter glue
Instructions:This is a great craft project for younger kids. Just set the materials in front of kids and let them go crazy with glitter and pens. Create their very own one-of-a-kind ghosts!
- Origami paper
- Glass jar
- Paint markers
- Tea candles
1. Take paint markers and draw onto the glass jar a jack-o-lantern. You can also get creative with this and draw Frankenstein's face or a ghost's face.
2. Once the paint has dried, stick a tea candle inside the jar and light to enjoy!
There are also many other halloween crafts you can make out of materials found at a 100 yen store. Take your kids with you to the store and let their creativity take over. For older kids, you can even give them a budget and let them calculate on their own how many items they can get to make an awesome spooky creation.
At CareFinder, we are committed to meeting all of your babysitting needs whether you are looking for just an evening babysitter, an international babysitter, a hotel babysitter, a weekend babysitter, an overnight babysitter, a great au pair or a summer babysitter.